MERCHANDISE DESIGNER (INTERN)
Creative Xchange is looking for motivated Merchandise Designers with excellent initiative and willingness to see their designs in market. Candidate should have ability to develop designs, create designs for merchandise which are not common (a t-shirt should have something unique, so should a hat). You will have strong design skills and are comfortable owning the process from concept through to execution. Applicants should have a demonstrated ability to manage medium-scale design projects, identify requirements and build methodology to go to market.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or an equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Experience working in the Apparel industry (preferred)
- Multimedia experience is a plus.
- Print and Pattern rendering experience is a plus.
- Ability to create unique and original graphics for different applications as they apply to the needs of Creative Xchange.
- Knowledge of imprinted apparel business including, but not limited to various screen-print techniques, finishing, embellishments, sonic welds, appliqués, and embroideries.
- Knowledge of design techniques and processes.
- Demonstrate the organizational ability to facilitate multitasking in a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines.
- Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals.
- Proficient in computer design programs (e.g. Illustrator, Photoshop) and programs such as Excel and Word Plus.
- Successful work performance demonstrating an ability to communicate effectively.
- Displays initiative and innovation on the job
- Follows through with all tasks, assignments and job duties in a timely manner
- Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally for R&D, inspiration, trade shows and Creative Xchange related events.
- Lifting and/or moving product and related office items varying in weight from 1 to 25 lbs.
- Willing to find suppliers for merchandise and negotiate rates, place orders and ensure delivery.